Farm & Crunch
Inspire young people into agriculture as a career path through other young people and develop a community of leading youth farmers that exchange knowledge and lessons learnt which contribute to innovative solutions to global climate crisis.
The challenges on urbanisation from young people in Uganda have resulted in the loss of the valuable agricultural knowledge and skills, contributing to food security risks and limited employment opportunities in the agricultural sector.
Expected start: April 2024
Expected completion: October 2029
1. Promote sustainable agriculture and empower young farmers to create 2,500 jobs over 5 years, fostering economic growth and livelihood improvement.
2. Raise awareness of climate change's impact on agriculture and implement effective mitigation tactics to ensure resilience and adaptation.
3. Improve nutrition accessibility and education through sustainable farming practices, emphasizing the involvement of young people.
4. Enhance agricultural productivity and income generation to support the economic development of the community and encourage youth participation in farming.
1. Create over 2,000 job opportunities, with a particular focus on vulnerable and marginalised youth, by providing farming accreditation and training in sustainable agriculture practices.
2. Increase awareness and promote positive attitudes and behaviours towards climate change among the target population, aligning with the Global SDG goals on climate action.
3. Implement strategies to reduce food waste, maximize profits, and enhance food security through improved pre- and post-harvest handling of agricultural produce.
4. Ensure fair and equitable access to opportunities for young people from marginalized communities, fostering inclusivity and social empowerment within the agricultural sector.
Young people from 12 - 28 years old.
NEET (Not in Education Employment or Training)
Let's Make A Change
Here are some ways you can donate:
Not interested in all the fuss? No worries! You can donate to us directly via Paypal just scan our QR code below!